LEARN academy is offering an exciting opportunity for a self-starting, entrepreneurial-minded, organizing genius to join our small, fun, and agile team. If you are looking for an exciting new role with lots of freedom to create in a collaborative environment with no bureaucracy, just rewarding outcomes, then this is the job for you. LEARN has a modern structure, allowing our employees to really take ownership of their responsibilities and to receive the rewards of their success.
This Operations Coordinator’s overall responsibility is to ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day practices of our organization. Additionally, they are responsible for supporting each department ensuring that each team member has what they need to achieve their goals and run their department smoothly. The role is currently a hybrid remote position. Most tasks and day to day work can be done from home, but there will be some in-person responsibilities and co-working with the team.
LEARN academy is redefining the workforce development industry by creating career pathways for anyone to enter and excel in the tech industry. LEARN is a safe, inclusive, and brave space that fosters a community of compassionate and collaborative learners. Through LEARN’s many partnerships within the tech community of San Diego and beyond, we support our students through their entire journey to becoming a web developer, starting with their first line of code, through their first job, promotion, all the way to when they are hiring the next generation of developers onto their teams. LEARN’s mission is to build a tech community that gives a voice to anyone who has the curiosity, drive, and compassion to learn.
If you love to organize, plan, and connect with people, we want to talk to you! We are looking for an Operations Coordinator to support the company in the daily activities of the organization. We need someone who is adaptable and excited to help us shape the role. You should be an outside-of-the-box and figure-it-out type of thinker who thrives on challenges, on your attention to detail, and putting together the puzzle pieces. You’ll operate with a lot of autonomy but with the full support of the CEO and the rest of the LEARN family.
You should have a grasp of current technology and an eagerness to learn new technical tools. We use a lot of digital tools to track, manage, and organize the business. You should be comfortable managing goals, deadlines, and budgets.
- Assist staff with daily operations of the organization
- Oversee regulator compliance
- Work with team leaders to learn departmental needs and help facilitate the management of goals
- Manage student onboarding
- Observing, reviewing, and analyzing processes to identify inefficiencies and areas where improvements could be made
- Manage current financing options, research alternatives, and monitor implementation
- Collaborating with management and executives to set departmental and organization-wide goals
- Coordinate evening and weekend events
- Coordinate office procedures
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Take accurate minutes of meetings and assist in tracking tasks
- Assist in maintaining and updating CRM
- Prepare regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Cover the reception desk area and provide general support to visitors if/when needed or when we return to any in person presence
- Write emails on behalf of other office staff as directed
- Answer telephone calls and pass them on
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment
- Scan and coordinate the documentation and maintenance of digital files.
- Order office/classroom supplies and maintain inventory
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven experience as an administrative/office assistant or virtual assistant
- Competence with project management, and communication applications (i.e. Zoom, Slack, Trello, Hubspot, DocuSign, Notion)
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Google Workspace tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- No previous coding experience required, but a passion for tech is a plus