LEARN academy is looking for a dedicated, motivated, and compassionate developer to join our expanding instruction team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed team member to deliver mindful, immersive, hands-on instruction in a high tech environment. LEARN is committed to training the next generation of developers to be thoughtful and compassionate as well as technically capable.
LEARN has a modern structure, allowing our employees to take ownership of their responsibilities and to receive the rewards of their success. If you are passionate about technology, mentorship, and working in a collaborative environment with no bureaucracy, just rewarding outcomes, then this is the job for you.
LEARN academy is redefining the workforce development industry by creating career pathways for anyone to enter and excel in the tech industry. LEARN is a safe, inclusive, and brave space that fosters a community of compassionate and collaborative learners. Through LEARN’s many partnerships within the tech community of San Diego and beyond, we support our students through their entire journey to becoming a web developer, starting with their first line of code, through their first job, promotion, all the way to when they are hiring the next generation of developers onto their teams. LEARN’s mission is to build a diverse tech community that gives a voice to anyone who has the curiosity, drive, and passion to learn.
- Providing individual and group student instruction, classroom management, behavioral management, and cohort instruction team management.
- Facilitate and organize classroom interactions and daily activities.
- Deliver technical lectures and live-coding demonstrations.
- Create a brave space within the classroom where students feel comfortable asking for help.
- Facilitate collaborative communication between all students and staff.
- Assist instruction team manager to ensure student learning and success.
- Report classroom metrics and student outcomes to the instruction team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- experience with GitHub or equivalent version control platform.
- project and team management experience.
- experience teaching technical topics to beginners.
- the ability to switch between tasks quickly and adapt and respond to new priorities in real time.
- experience with technical writing and creating documentation.
- an interest in cognitive science and teaching principles.
- experience in public speaking.
- acute attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills.
- compassion and empathy.
- the drive to work hard and the ability to receive and implement feedback.
- the ability to work set hours in the Pacific Time zone, preferably located in the San Diego area or willingness to relocate (must be permitted to work in the US).