Top In-demand Programming Languages to Learn in 2020: Part III
Becoming a full-time developer is one of the best career choices you can make these days. Unfortunately, it can also be disorienting if you’re a newcomer to the world of coding. Most people have no idea where to start, let alone which programming language to learn.
Luckily for you, we’re here to help! In this article, we’ll give you a rundown of some of the more lucrative coding languages that are taught at the best programming bootcamps in San Diego. Read on to learn more!
Table of Contents:
Which coding language should I learn in 2020?
Before we get into the pros and cons of various programming languages, it’s important to note that there’s no such thing as the “best” language. Different languages are designed for different purposes and used in vastly different fields.
Some of the most popular programming languages today include:
When it first came out in 1995, Ruby was an object-oriented scripting language. Over time, it evolved into a high-level interpreted, multiple-paradigm, dynamically-typed, general-purpose language. With its flat learning curve and its heavy focus on productivity, Ruby is one of the most beloved languages out there.
It has 3 key features:
- By being concise, dynamic, functional, object-oriented, and garbage-collected, Ruby effectively combines some of the most useful features ever seen in a programming language.
- Ruby’s web development framework, Ruby on Rails, may be one of the most influential server-side web development frameworks of all time.
- It has superb framework and tooling support, and is used in some of the biggest sites out there (GitHub, Twitter, Airbnb, etc.).
This is a compiled, general-purpose, multi-paradigm language focused on improving developer productivity. Apple engineers have built it to be the primary coding language in iOS App development, and it does that job exceedingly well.
Its three primary features include:
- It uses concise, clean, and straightforward syntax and has special features that boost developer productivity.
- It prevents run-time exceptions caused by null or void values by including modern null safety features.
- Being compiled, Swift is an incredibly efficient programming language that is rapidly gaining popularity in other domains.
Go is specially designed to deal with near-unlimited human and hardware resources that other coding languages like C++ are unable to handle effectively. It’s easy-to-learn, pragmatic, and extremely scalable, and as a result, has quickly become a mainstream language despite not having many features.
Its biggest advantages include:
- It has language-level support for Concurrency.
- It’s an exceedingly powerful language that’s also simple and developer-friendly.
- Its embedded garbage collector gives it an extra level of safety.
PHP is a dynamic, general-purpose language that’s mostly used in back-end (server-side) web development. While PHP is still used today, it’s gradually losing its popularity and appeal. Even so, it’s one of the most productive languages in use today.
Who provides the very best programming bootcamps in San Diego?
What if we told you you don’t have to spend years in school in order to land your first coding job? In fact, you can become a coding professional in only four months. This may sound too good to be true, but here at LEARN academy, we’re more than capable of making it a reality! Our intensive coding bootcamps last four months and teach you everything you need to land a full-time job as a web developer. Schedule a tour of our premises in Downtown San Diego today, or give us a call if you’d like to learn more about what we offer.